A natural implementation of permaculture practice – fermentation brings us closer to growing, keeping and knowing our food. Learn to make a variety of ferments including kombucha, kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut and the essentials of home fermentation in this interactive and tasty workshop.
Our workshop will be guided by permaculture designer (PDC) and fermentologist Molly Bryson.
At the conclusion of the workshop you will have a basic understanding of :
- How to cultivate, feed and keep your ferments for long and short term use.
- How to test pH, alcohol and sugar levels.
- Relevant food safety and sanitization for ferments & identifying dangers.
- The facts and fallacy – understanding (and limits to understanding) bacteria and the human micro biome.
During this hands-on workshop you will make your own traditional sauerkraut to take home. You will take part in making other ferments.
Participants will be limited to 8 to maintain an informal interactive format.
The cost will include:
- Comprehensive workshop notes and references/further reading
- Kombucha SCOBY and starter culture
- A generous sampling of fermented food and drink
Please BYO jar for your SCOBY or purchase a perfect kombucha vessel from the shop.
To book follow this link or