Ever wanted to become a honey connoisseur? Would you like to learn more about the flavours of honey, the composition of honey and how to identify quality honey?
Join Jacqueline and Robert for an educative evening where you will taste 9 varieties of honey, as well as honeycomb straight from the hive.
You will learn to detect the flavour profiles of eucalypts, exotic floral species and backyard suburban honeys.
Honeys tasted will include, but are not limited to:
- Stringy Bark
- Yellow Box
- Manna Gum
- Orange Blossom
Topics of discussion will include:
- The structure and nature of honey
- Training your honey palette
- How to handle, treat and store honey
- Honey labelling: the meaning of raw, cold-extracted, organic and other terms used to describe honey
- The role of honey for bees
Jacqueline is an urban bee keeper with several hives situated around Melbourne. She works with Robert at Bee Sustainable and has written about bee keeping for Grass Roots magazine.
Robert is the proprietor of Bee Sustainable. He has kept bees since he was a teenager and learnt much from his father who was a honey merchant and commercial bee keeper.
The cost is $60 (inc. GST) and will include:
- A tasting of 9 varieties of honey and honeycomb straight from the hive
- Notes on the flavours of honey and how to detect flavour profiles
- 10% discount voucher for honey purchases valid for 1 year
- A sample pack of 5 honeys to take home (valued at $17)
Participants will be limited to about 16 to maintain an informal interactive format.
To book follow this link